Views:10 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-10-25 Origin:Site
Why gps tracker need sim card?
--GPS device is Feature phone system , just without the keyboard . It's available for international real time and real Googlemap tracking if the sim is available for international roaming. GPS work with smart phone app is phone to phone.
--Any GPS Tracker has a receiver to triangulate its own position from the satellite signals. Most trackers need a SIM card in order to achieve connectivity. SIM cards are what allow location transmission, sending audio data, and receiving commands to turn on audio and other advanced features.
Sim card specifications:
1) 2G/GSM SIM (it's ok for 3G/4G SIM , but need check with SIM card phone operator , and ensure the 3G/4G SIM card is fully compatible with 2G/GSM network is fine)
2) 2G/GSM Frequency bands: 800/850/1800/1900MHZ
3) Activate GSM GPRS Flew package monthly , no less than 25-30MB/month
4) Available for international roaming if necessary.
5) Without PIN code
6) Voice +Data Micro SIM
7) Please kindly get the APN,Username,Password( Username and Password are not really necessary if don't have) from your SIM card/phone operator,because later on you need the correct APN information for local setting.